Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Survey

I have seen this survey on a few blogs and I thought I would join in the fun and give my answers here. 

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?   Absolutely hot chocolate!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  He wraps some and so does Mrs. Claus

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  White

4. Do you hang mistletoe?  No, but if I can find a mistletoe ball I like l this year I will.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately I don't think that will happen this year. 

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?   We always have a breakfast casserole with danish and orange juice for breakfast.  Yum!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We always put our gifts in groupings by person and then the kids sat on the floor in the morning and handed gifts out to our parents and opened our gifts while breakfast was cooking.  After eating we had to get ready for company and it was always fun to see our relatives.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, always on Christmas morning

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? lights and ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I can stay home and snuggle under blankets.  Hate it if we have to go to work.

12. Can you ice skate? As a child my dad built us an ice rink and I used to skate often.  Unfortunately, now I have no coordination.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I always got great gifts so it is very hard to pick just one but one year my dad picked out a tennis bracelet for me and if you know my dad you know he NEVER shops so this was and is still extremely special for me.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  The most important thing for me is that we get to speak to all of our family on Christmas.  Living in Maryland with both sets of parents living in New England we stay in Maryland because we have been stranded before and can't afford to do that again.  We make sure to call everyone and talk on speaker phone so that everyone is involved.  We of course would prefer to be there.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I can't just pick one of these because somethings are only available at the holidays and I love them all.  So here is my list in no particular order:  Ribbon candy, Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark, Christmas cookies, peppermint ice cream, Friendly's Jubilee Roll

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?   I am not sure that this qualifies as a tradition but I love that my husband and I just get up when we want, I start breakfast so it is cooking while we open gifts, we call family and just relax all day.  It is so nice to have this one day to just spend together without all the other distractions.

17. What tops your tree? An angel I bought at a craft show

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving, I try really hard to find the right gift. 

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum

20. Favorite Christmas show? There are so many good ones but my two favorites are Miracle on 34 Street and One Special Night

21. Saddest Christmas Song? I am drawing a blank on this one.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?  Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant.  Since I used to work in D.C.  I also enjoy Christmas Eve in Washington by Maura Sullivan

1 comment:

  1. I'm finally getting to read your blog and saw this. I'm smiling because when I saw "candy canes: yuck or yum" I thought of the cherry candy canes my mom used to buy and how we saved a box for you for the longest time until you got home. Miss you lots and so happy that your are finally in your home. Love you lots!!!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete