"Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes."
I truly believe this so in 2012 I am going on a quest to learn many things that I have wanted to know.
How you may ask...well here is a list of things I want to learn and my very rough idea of how I will go about it. Warning: this is a very long post without any photos so you may want to grab a cup of hot cocoa, get comfortable and let me know what you think.
- I want to learn how to photograph better at night. This was something I started to learn about until the fire stopped me in my tracks. I will be taking Kent Weakley's Night Photography eClass starting February 10, 2012. Won't you join me?
- I want to learn about Lightroom 3. I purchased LR3 in November but I have heard several times that to get the most out of LR3 you must set it up correctly from the beginning or you will make it much harder on yourself so I will be replacing my external hard drive and one of the wonderful woman I met at a workshop in October has offered to get me up and running.
- I want to improve my overall photography. Of course the best way to do this is practice, practice practice. Unfortunately the events of this year had me not picking up my camera that much so in 2012 I want to participate in P52 which is a photo a week and in 2012 Darcy over at Life with My 3 Boybarians will be hosting a linky party to show your photos. The issue for me is there will be themes and I am not sure how well I will do with that but I will try. I am hoping that Ashley Sisk will continue to host Scavenger Hunt Sundays so that I may participate in some more.
- One of my big struggles with photography is lighting so I am hoping to learn more about lighting in 2012. I also want to learn about food photography and one of my Christmas presents from my in-laws was Plate to Pixel: Digital Food Photography and Styling by Helene Dujardin so I am excited to dive into it and see what I can learn.
- I would love to build these Ten Dollar Ledges from over at Ana White's blog. These would be perfect to hold my rubber stamps. Unfortunately, we lost most of our tools in the fire that took our house. I am hoping to get the tools and make these in 2012.
- Another fabulous project from over at Ana White's is this farmhouse bed. I really, really want to make two of these. One for our bedroom and the other for our guest room. If you know me you know that my father and both of my brothers could whip these up in no time flat. However, they live in other states and due to my mother's ill health can not come and help and I am not skilled like them at all. So again I am hoping to get the tools and the KNOWLEDGE to make these.
- As we just moved back into our rebuilt house the week of Thanksgiving we still have nothing on the walls or windows. My friend Melissa is making our living room curtains and I am hoping she is going to teach me how to make curtains for the rest of the house. Again KNOWLEDGE or lack of knowledge is keeping me from doing this and KNOWLEDGE can allow me to make them.
- I have always wanted to make bread from scratch and I want this to be the year to do it. Let's make it happen!
Updated to add a link to My Heart Art where Geri is having a linky party for you to add your word of 2012.