Friday, September 23, 2011

A house update

It is truly hard to believe that tomorrow will be 2 months since a fire destroyed our home.  The fire ran the roof life of our house so that all the ceilings had to be removed to be able to stop the fire.  A lot of the damage was due to water, soot, smoke, debris and of course the fire itself.  Here are some pictures that I have taken over the last 2 months.

Here is a photo from the first day after they tarped our house.  As you can see the car didn't make it.

DSC_0009

This is after the new carport and side wall was built.

DSC_0013

This is as the new siding was going up.  The siding is now finished.

DSC_0004

As progress is being made we are still trying to understand all of this.  I haven't been on here much as I try to deal with my emotions over the fire.  I am going to try to get on here more. 

1 comment:

  1. wow progress is coming before you know it you will have your house back. hang in there I know it sucks and trying to understand why an arsonist does this to someone they don't even know is impossible use your photography as a distraction from thinking about it HUGS.

    ReplyDelete