Sunday, February 6, 2011

31 Days to a Better Photo - Day 3

Back in October Darcy over at Life With My 3 Boybarians wrote a series of blog posts entitled 31 Days to a Better Photo.  Unfortunately, in October I was still using my ZLR so I decided to wait until I bought my first SLR (which I did in December - Woo Hoo!).  So go on over and check out the series and then follow along here as I do my 31 days to help me learn my camera.

Day 1 is a introduction, Day 2 is an assignment to read your manual which I have done so I am starting here with Day 3.  I can't encourage you enough to go over and read her posts.  I will not be writing out the instructions here as Darcy has done a ton of research and this is her work.  I will be posting photos and my perspective on the assignment only. I also have not read ahead so that I can do each task as they come along.

Day 3 is about shutter speed and shooting in shutter priority.  Here are my photos.



 All 3 were taken with an ISO of 200, aperture of  f/3.5  and focal length of 18 mm.  As part of the assignment I was supposed to lock in aperture and to be honest I couldn't figure out how to do that other than trying not to move and in these 3 photos I was able to get the same aperture.

Thanks for the lessons Darcy I can already tell I will be learning a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment