Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Book Thing 159/365

Earlier this week my friend Adriane told me about a place in Baltimore called The Book Thing and asked if I had heard of it.  I hadn't but since she sent me the link I checked it out and it looked pretty cool so Arthur and I headed over there today.  It is a place where you can go and pick up free books, yes, free books.  We found ten.  A nice variety and what a great way to keep books out of landfills!  Here is a picture of a very small area of The Book Thing.  If you are in the area check it out.  Thanks A!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Alissa, there were a bunch and I heard them say a woman just dropped off 490 (a direct quote) that looked new. My only concern would be they are used and you know kids put them in their mouth and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it easy to get to? OK parking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michele,
    It was easy to get to and the parking was okay. They had a small lot that we got into but there was also street parking around. Just FYI since everything is free they don't alphabetize the books they only shelve them by category.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 490? Holy smokes. That's a lot of Hickory Dickory Dock and what not.

    ReplyDelete