Thursday, November 11, 2010

Have you started making Christmas gifts yet?

Yesterday Robin over at The Robin's Nest posted a Christmas countdown and as I was looking at it my initial response was 44 days -- I can do this but as I continued to look at it and the seconds were ticking away I started to get very nervous. 

Today my friend June and I spent about 8 1/2 hours sewing.  She and I made the same thing but in different color schemes.  Hers was for herself and mine will be a Christmas present for someone who I believe reads my blog so I can't say anymore.  I hope to take a picture of it and have a blog post on Christmas day of all the handmade presents I am giving this year.

Are you making any gifts this year?  If so have you started making them yet?

3 comments:

  1. started??? well a little I still need to make over 100 christmas cards not sure that is going to happen.

    lucky person to get a special handmade gift can't wait to see it on your blog post. you always do such beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I have finished tops for my daughter and daughter's BFF's mom (and my friend too). I have about half the blocks done for a quilt for my husband. I've started cutting strips and blocks for quilts for the two boys. There's that Friday after Thanksgiving, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee Hee Stampmouse I usually make around 65 Christmas cards and I don't even have an idea this year. I think I may end up not making any. Thanks for the compliment.

    Michele - Wow I thought I had a lot to do and to hear you are making quilts for every member of your family and a friend .....I bow to you!

    ReplyDelete