Thursday, September 23, 2010

Drug Take Back Day

I wanted to let my readers know that this Saturday, September 25, 2010 from 10am - 2 pm local time the DEA is heading up the first-ever nationwide prescription drug take-back day in collaboration with your state and local police.  I  think this is a wonderful program to safely dispose of prescription and over the counter medicines.  I personally don't do well with medications so I have often had to start on one medicine to be changed to another one within a couple of days so I have multiple bottles of medicines just sitting in my cabinets.  Also, both our cats have been on medicine that wasn't finished and add in my husband's left overs and we have way too much medicine in our house.  Since you are not suppose to flush or throw away medicines I have been trying to figure out a way to safely dispose of these medicines and was thrilled when I heard about this program.  Here is a link where you can put in your zip code and find the closest one to you.  Please take advantage of this program and clean out all those old bottles of medicines.

2 comments:

  1. didn't know about that. thanks going to check out the link and pass it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, thanks for helping to spread the word.

    ReplyDelete