Tuesday, January 5, 2010

S.A.D. 97/365



I was getting ready to go to bed and realized that I hadn't taken my photo of the day today and was like "Oh well I am going to bed".  Immediately, I realized that my total outlook on my 365 has changed over the last 2 weeks.  In the beginning I was totally bummed if I couldn't post the day I took a photo and now I am like I don't care if I don't have a picture to post.  So a little self-analysis made me realize that with the wind, cold and overall ugly winter days we are having my Seasonal Affected Disorder (S.A.D.) is kicking in.  So I went down and pulled out my lamp and took a picture so that I will remember to start sitting in front of it everyday so I will pull myself out of the blahs.  If anyone out there is looking for a nice compact light box this one is by Verilux and you can find a link for it here. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! funny that you posted a photo like this... I was thinking of doing the same thing the other day. I started using my lamp in Nov and feel like a totally different person!! I'm definitely an advocate of them now! Great posting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart move starting in Nov. I tend to forget about it until I am in desperate need of some sun. I used a friend's lamp at work this morning and I definitely felt better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job on the attitude. I wish I could get dave to use something like that. Finally got him to admit he has it a few years ago. This year though I have been changing all the lightbulbs in the living room to Ott lights which are a true more natural light and I think it is helping. He reads there a lot. the lights aren't cheap but they also last a lot longer and are more energy effiecent too.

    ReplyDelete